Thursday, November 26, 2015

WHY ME?

Kamilah Brock is a young black woman aged 32 years who works at a bank in New York. It was one day driving her own BMW and was stopped at a traffic light at an intersection in Harlem career. Immediately after passing the intersection, police stopped her and asked her why she did not keep both hands on the wheel while stationed at traffic lights. The woman said she felt the need to move a little to the music generated from the car cassette player. The vehicle is switched off and she felt that speed traffic light timer to allow sufficient time show to look in the glove compartment sunglasses. All these activities were finished collateral 3-4 seconds before the allotted time for a red light. When the color of the traffic light turns green machine was set in motion.

However, police asked him to drop the car was taken to the police station and was eventually released after several hours without any charges against him formulate. Police told the woman that he can I felt from the moment I said I have a BMW, I was regarded as a liar" Brock told. "They handcuffed and told me that I go to my car, but I was transported in an ambulance to the hospital".
recover car, a BMW 325CL manufactured in 2003, the next day. When introduced to take the car, police colleagues did not believe that she is the rightful owner of the vehicle that believes it is hoodwinking. "

Her next destination, however, turned out to be the Psychiatric ward at Harlem Hospital, where she was revealed medical records forced to take lithium and injected with powerful sedatives.
"He held onto me and then the doctor stuck me in the arm and I was on a stretcher and I woke up taking my clothes off to them, specifically my underwear" Brock said. "Then I went back out again. When I woke up the next day, I felt like I was in a nightmare. I did not understand why that was happening to me".

She spent eight days in the hospital and institution staff tried to convince "to deny that BMW is hers, that is a banker and President Barack Obama is one of her followers on Twitter". But all these things are perfectly true.

"I was regarded as a liar," she recounted. According to the advocate Ms Brock, Michael Lamonsoff, the woman never suffered from mental problems. "If a white woman was trying to reclaim impounded by police BMW her, she Would have been made a victim?" he told the Huffington Post. "Would have been questioned she? Would she have been subject to sarcastic comments? Would be she was she who made to justify in order to ask for help? I do not think so. I do think played a part in this race. "

To make matters worse, Brock was sent a $ 13,000 medical bill after she was released.

Brock has filed a suit against the City of New York and the NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) seeking unspecified damages. Claims that she constitutional rights under the fourth and 14th Amendments were violated, and that she suffered "unwarranted intrusion of unwanted and her integrity, loss of liberty [and] mental anguish."
Police claim Brock that was "acting irrational, she spoke incoherently and inconsistently, and she ran into the middle of traffic on Eighth Ave." according to new filings by the city.
According to Brock's lawyer, Michael Lamonsoff race played a big part in the case.


That Kamilah says she believes this "nightmare" would not have happened if she were not African-American. She has filed a lawsuit against the city, contending that constitutional rights she were violated. 




foto credit: google.com

If you liked this post spreads your joy to others by simply SHARE (Pleeeeese !!!)



                                                         HAVE A NICE DAY !!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment